Deterioration of health can be noticed not only by infections penetrating the body.
Parasites and worms can also cause disease, weakness and a state of decay. They can lead to many of the consequences that people usually get for the appearance of a normal inflammatory process.
What is helminthiasis? And what symptoms does it show in the human body?
The answers are quite simple.
Helminths are parasitic worms, round and tapeworm, as well as their bright representatives, such as roundworms, breast worms, bovine tapeworm, tapeworm and many others. Surely many have encountered them in childhood or already in adulthood.
The disease, which got its proper name, as helminthiasis, is the result of the influence and activity of helminths in the body.
Parasites can penetrate a person's body, whether clean unnecessarily and not obsessed with their health, in a number of ways. There are plenty of them.
Consider how helminths appear in a healthy body:
- normal handshake. The easiest way to reach a new host for a parasite. Through the upper layers of the epidermis, they first enter the skin, and then the blood. This method of transmission also works when you are in contact with stray animals on the street and when you touch other people's objects. Thanks to the good blood circulation of a healthy person, it is not difficult for them to achieve the goal and be found in the chosen place of their future habitat;
- through the water. Many helminths are perfectly preserved as larvae in fresh and even sea water. Do not forget about village wells and water pipes. They are not overly sensitive. Care should also be taken when visiting swimming pools, spas and saunas. They are probably poorly processed;
- wet soil and sand. The eggs of many types of worms come out with the feces and fall on these surfaces. In suburban areas and even in a children's sandbox, it is easy to get infected;
- low quality products. These often include seafood, fruits and vegetables, eggs and milk, cottage cheese;
- places of mass public gathering of people. Supermarkets, shops, pharmacies and hospitals. It is here that every day many people grab door handles, shelves, packaged products and handrails. And not the fact that they are all healthy. Do not forget about the dirt that enters these rooms during periods of rain and humidity;
- In the summer and fall seasons, insects are a danger. Mosquitoes and flies, even with their paws, can lay small microscopic eggs.
In this list of occurrence of helminth infestation in adults and children, can be added the non-observance of the usual basic rules of personal hygiene.
Which helminths can be infected
There are a large number of parasitic representatives. And they all enter the body in different ways, migrate inside and touch specific organs. Some of them choose a single host, while others spend their entire life cycle with different carriers.
People can observe some major parasites isolated in their body:
- the most common worms are nematodes. Small white individuals. Reach 40 mm. Everyone knows roundworms, needles, whipworms and tropical guinea worms. They live in the intestines, eggs are placed in the anus, often excreted in the feces. Determining helminth infection by nematodes is very simple and without analysis;
- parasitic tapeworms are larger and more dangerous. Reaching 10 meters, they migrate and enter almost all vital organs and systems. There have been cases of suffocation following parasite movements through the respiratory system. Manifested by bovine tapeworm;
- trematodes, strokes. They are not modest to the habitat, so they penetrate the body both through soil and water. They travel throughout the human body and under sebum are easy to see. This is mainly the eye and eyelid area. They destroy not only the intestinal microflora, but also the tissues of other organs. Toxic effects lead to impoverishment of the body.
Of course, it is impossible to independently identify which helminth is in a person. Only the method of testing for worms and a thorough examination determines the type and subsequent treatment, and prophylaxis is prescribed in case of cure.
Symptoms of parasites in the body
If helminths have entered the body, then you can not immediately identify them by the symptoms of the infection. Some appear only after a certain time.
But all the signs of worms in an adult are quite serious and at first glance continue for no reason:
- a sharp rise in temperature at the level of the inflammatory process. Usually 37. 6 ° C to 38 ° C;
- manifestation of nausea, vomiting;
- painful pain in the abdomen and navel;
- possible skin rash;
- weakness, drowsiness, fatigue;
- accidental involuntary gnashing of teeth at night;
- persistent dry cough and shortness of breath;
- violation of normal bowel movements. diarrhea or constipation;
- itching in the anus;
- getting a yellow or very pale skin color;
- discomfort in muscles and joints.
It is not possible to immediately make an accurate diagnosis based on such signs. But helminths in humans show only those symptoms that correspond to the damaged organs. And this is usually the intestines, bronchi and liver with the kidneys.
Signs of helminthiasis running
Late detection of parasites can lead to much more complex consequences:
- a sharp decline in immunity. As a result, the ability of any infection and virus to enter the body;
- urticaria, bronchial asthma, as a result of the continuous poisonous action of parasites. The discharge of worms causes a serious allergy in the body;
- intense hair loss, eyelashes;
- inexplicably brittle nails;
- tooth decay, the enamel gradually disappears;
- profuse bleeding gums;
- irritability, mental disorders.
Worms in humans not only show symptoms of infection, but provoke many diseases, worsen the course of existing diseases and therefore the treatment of parasites is mandatory.
It is better to perform a timely examination and begin a complex complete removal of helminths from the body.
Diseases caused by parasites
Characteristic signs of ruthless helminth infestation indicate that the body is subject to severe toxic effects or already damage to many organs and systems:
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract. Due to the fact that most helminths choose this place for further growth and development. Expressed in intestinal obstruction, dysbacteriosis, diarrhea, pancreatitis;
- breathing problems. Every migration of the parasite leads invariably to the bronchi and lungs. This often leads to spasms, pneumonia;
- the central nervous system suffers. Migraine, dizziness, loss of spatial orientation, irritability and depression;
- an increase in the spleen, liver, a decrease in the level of bile flow;
- inadequate functioning of the urinary system. Urethritis, cystitis;
- problems with the reproductive organs. Vaginitis, inflammatory processes in the uterus, vagina, ovaries. Possible sexually transmitted infection.
These are severe symptoms that appear with helminths. If you care about your health, you should definitely go to the doctor. Each of the signs presented forces the specialist to prescribe a separate examination.
The most common blood test will show that parasites have appeared in the body. With hemoglobin values less than 100 g / l, an increase in eosinophil count of more than 6%, an increase in leukocytes by 9% and a decrease in erythrocytes by 3 g / l or less.
Also, a sharp decrease in protein and an increase in immunoglobulins characteristic of allergies should be noticed by a specialist.
Parasitic diseases and their symptoms
Depending on the type and class of worms, the signs of helminths infection got their individual names, which distinguish them from each other. For specialists, this classification facilitates further treatment, recovery and prevention.
Askariaza. Naturally shows the symptoms displayed by the parasite ascaris and possible concomitant diseases. Most often, it is not noticed immediately, but only after 2 weeks after ingestion of helminths in the body.
Symptoms resemble a common cough, acute bronchitis, mild allergies. It is confused with a common infection, as it is associated with all of the above features and fever. There may be changes in the lymph nodes.
With advanced chronic ascariasis, all symptoms are complicated. Blood pressure jumps begin, anorexia may appear along with lack of appetite, persistent abdominal pain. Regular vomiting, bowel disorders. The face fades, healthy skin color disappears, dark circles appear and swelling. At night, poor sleep or complete absence of it becomes common. In fecal secretions, small white worms are visualized.
Worm penetration or enterobiasis. A common occurrence in young children due to non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene. Infection is caused by frequent itching in the anus. Pinworms appear periodically. For 1-2 days on vacation. When parasites enter, the body reaction will be involuntary gnashing of teeth at night, poor intermittent sleep. Not particularly dangerous, the pain does not cause.
Worms, like shingles, bring on opisthorchiasis. The acute course of the disease lasts up to 8 weeks. During this period there is an increase in body temperature, aggravation and bloating, diarrhea and inflammation sensation. With chronic exposure to flux, the symptoms also pass to the respiratory organs, causing severe allergies, to the central nervous system.
Tapeworms lead to many consequences of their presence in the human body. A wide tapeworm can rupture the pancreas, lead to intestinal obstruction, vitamin B12 deficiency, decreased hemoglobin and anemia. Similarly, all representatives of tapeworms cause pain syndromes in the abdominal cavity, bloating and vomiting.
Giardiasis. There are a small number of these parasites in the human body. But they are safe within normal limits. With deterioration, their level increases. Leading to vomiting, soreness due to liver and stomach disorders, characteristic abdominal pain, bloating and damaged stools.
Of course, such symptoms of helminthiasis must be treated and prevented by performing a thorough prevention.